Monday 28 April 2014

Digiscoping thoughts.

Been out locally using my phone through my scope to capture some of the wildlife I see in my area.

I have flirted with digiscoping before, and often found it frustrating. There seemed no logic to consistently taking decent shots. Literally shot to shot the quality of the image could vary considerably. It seems strange to think, that my mobile phone can consistently produce acceptable images when hand held to the scopes eyepiece. This is something I intent pursuing further..

These Swallow shots were Phonescoped at a distance of about 40 yards in poor light conditions on an overcast morning walk.

 

I am pleased with these. The iPhone seems to gather light onto its sensor extremely well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.