Thursday 16 January 2014

First entry of 2014

This year is going to be a little different. Rather that chasing round the country for year ticks, to see birds I have seen before but tick them for 2014, I will be concentrating on my local area.

I have a couple of local "Patches" that will see most of my efforts, but I will still be travelling for life ticks. The new year saw me wandering the fields and pools locally, working on my local year list. At this point in time, my local list stands at 51 species. I'm enjoying trying to add to it, and enjoyment is what it's all about.

I hope to add some of the local wildlife other than birds to the blog this year. I intend doing a spot of fishing this year, mainly for predatory species, so a few fish will hopefully appear on the blog pages.

My main efforts though will be with the birding and getting as many local species as I can.

Wandering the lanes.

 

Flooded Fields

 

The geese enjoy the flooded meadows.
Dosthill Reserve. Sunrise.
Pit Sunrise.

 

Goosander - River Anker

Well, that's about it so far. Looking forward to a few local surprises and interesting finds.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.