Saturday 7 September 2013

Blithfield Birding

I cannot manage my usual Sunday morning birding this weekend, so thought I would treat myself to Saturday morning at Blithfield to make up for it.

On arrival, I headed to Blithe Bay as there is a lot of exposed mud there at the moment. The first birds I paid real attention to on my first scan about with the scope was a flock of nine Curlew Sandpipers. Two soon vacated, leaving the remaining seven feeding well. They were just too far out to get decent pictures with the camera, so. Tried with the scope and iPhone.

Once I got the phone out and started iscoping, I just carried on snapping. All the wading birds here are around 80 - 100 yards away.

Curlew Sandpiper
Curlew Sandpiper
Three Greenshank having a break
Black-Tailed Godwits.
Black-Tailed Godwits.

All decent record shots with iPhone 4S handheld to scope eyepiece. Today I used my HR66 GA ED with the HDF 28x fixed eyepiece.

As I wandered about, I carried on taking a few pictures with the phone. It produces very acceptable pictures to record your day, and ideal for displaying on the Internet.

View over Blithe Bay this morning.
There is plenty of wooded habitat too.
Looking over Tad bay.

I stopped off by the bird feeding station on the return journey to the car. It was very busy on the feeders. Here, I got my SX40 bridge camera out and tried for a decent shot or two. I will put my best up later when I am not so pushed for time. They are still on the memory card in the camera at the moment. I'm hoping I have a decent Woodpecker shot.

The Great-Spot Woodpecker shots off the camera.

SX40 Bridge Camera. 25 yards.

 

SX40 Bridge Camera. 25 yards.

The end of a very enjoyable mornings birding.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.