Tuesday 7 May 2013

Cannock Chase

Bank holiday Monday and a visit to Cannock Chase. I went with the intention of finding a Pied Flycatcher. This was eventually located near the Stepping Stones area of the Chase. I just couldn't get close enough for decent pictures, but I did get some great views through the little scope.

The Opticron GS52 GA ED. I cannot begin to explain how impressive the image through this scope is. I am using the SDL zoom eyepiece. The fine focus facility on the scope also makes sharp focus at full zoom easy to achieve.

I also managed to locate another life tick to join my Pied Flycatcher in the shape of a Tree Pipet.

Unfortunately, after we left the Chase, there was a fire. The Fire investigators seem to think it was started deliberately. I have no idea why someone would want to destroy such a beautiful area of countryside?

To celebrate a two life tick day, we all went for an evening stroll along the canal. A celebratory pint went down well on the hottest day of the year so far.

 

Taz always enjoys sharing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.